The Fortinet Security Fabric is an intelligent framework connecting your security devices together for effective, efficient, and comprehensive security. FortiOS enables the Security Fabric, letting you control the security and networking capabilities in all your Fortinet Security Fabric elements with one intuitive operating system. FortiOS 5.6 expands the capabilities of the Security Fabric with broad, powerful, and automated protection.
- Broad: Endpoints, access, applications, cloud, IoT…you name it, the Security Fabric is inherently designed to secure it.
- Powerful: Fortinet Security Fabric enables high-level topology views all the way down to granular endpoint details.
- Automated: Enterprises can centrally manage and orchestrate policies, and synchronize resources to enforce policies
Fortinet PSIRT (FortiGuard Research) release information about 2 major Vulnerabilities:
- FortiOS DoS on webUI through 'params' JSON parameter
- FortiOS web GUI logindisclaimer redir parameter XSS vulnerability
Our new Media Wiki section "Known Issues" lists all known FortiOS issues and bug fixes.
Fortinet a publié un document sur le nouveau standard 802.11ac:
En quoi consiste le standard 802.11ac et quand sera-t-il disponible?
With the Q4’2017 Pricelist Fortinet introduced some changes:
▪ Product additions have been made to the following product families: Accessories, FortiADC, FortiCloud, FortiGate, FortiSwitch, FortiVoice, FortiWeb, LENC and Wireless
▪ As announced last quarter, price increase of all 5 Yr HW+Bundle, Bundle and Service SKUs (categories A, B, F, E and C) for products introduced before 17Q3.
▪ Price changes have also been made to the following product families: FortiCam, FortiDDoS, FortiExtender, FortiGate, FortiVoice, FortiWifi, LENC and Wireless Products.
▪ New: HW bundle Upgrade from 24x7 to FortiCare 360 Contract (like HW bundle Upgrade 8x5 to 24x7)
▪ Name Change of Bundle to: Enterprise Protection, UTM Protection, Threat Protection
▪ Threat Protection now only available on High-End FortiGate models (> 1000)
-> The Fortinet FortiGate Licensing Guide gives you an overview of the licensing and hardware/service bundle.
You may also see our WIKI and NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER for more information.